Saturday, August 29, 2015

IAU 100K World Championships 2015

I was recently informed that I had been selected as the first alternate for the US National 100K team to compete at the IAU 100K World Championships in Winschoten, The Netherlands. Shortly after receiving this news I was informed that one of the top 6 men would not be competing and a spot was mine for the taking if I wanted it.  One of my life long dreams of being able to don the Red, white and blue for a race was now becoming a reality... almost.  The date of the race is September 12. The expected date of out 2nd little one is mid September. Having my priorities straight and putting my family first I declined the offer to be on the 100K world team as to not miss the birth of our 2nd child.  Looks like I'll just have to keep getting after it for another year.

2015 US 100k Worlds Team:
Max King
Zach Bitter
Zach Miller
Mike Bialick
Joe Binder
Chikara Omine

Alternates:
Tyler Sigl
Matt Flaherty
Jim Walmsley


Image result for USA singlet

No comments:

Post a Comment